Bean soup with Spicy Sausage, served fresh bread also alongside this hearty and healthy soup! Great for cold winter days! Enjoy!!!
- 1 can 28 oz. of white navy beans or Jar white navy bean ( can be found in any Italian or Mediterranean Market)
- 5 oz. bacon or Pancetta diced
- 1 pkg of Italian spicy sausage
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots diced or sliced
- 2 stalks celery slivered or diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary finely chopped
- 12 cups chicken stock, more if needed
- 5 cups of spinach or Kale, de stemmed and chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper should be for each flavour, as sausage is spicy.
- Open and rinse beans in a colander, let drain
- Heat oil in a large stock pot, add chopped bacon o pancetta, add into pan sausage and cook for additional 5 minutes. Drain off any access fat.
- Add onions carrots and celery to sausage mixture, stir until softened.
- Add in the crushed garlic.
- Add the beans to the stock pot and add remaining herbs, thyme rosemary, chili flakes, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
- Cover and bring to boil, lower to medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in the Kale or Spinach, cook until just wilted before serving, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with parmigiano reggiano cheese.