Bean Soup with Spicy Sausage is a delicious cold-weather meal. Serve fresh bread also alongside this hearty and healthy soup!
- 1 can/28 oz. of white navy beans
- 5 oz. bacon or pancetta, diced
- 1 pkg of spicy Italian sausage
- 4 tbsp Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced or sliced
- 2 stalks celery, slivered or diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 12 cups chicken stock, plus more if needed
- 5 cups of spinach or kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- ½ tsp Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse canned beans and let drain
- Heat oil in a large stockpot and add chopped bacon or pancetta and Italian sausage and sautee until cooked. Drain off any access fat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to sausage mixture and cook until softened.
- Add crushed garlic, beans, thyme, rosemary, chile flakes, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
- Cover and bring to boil, lower to medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in the Kale or Spinach, cook until just wilted before serving, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.