This Recipe is perfect for the bold and adventurous! A great mix of flavours that is sure to please everyone at your table!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Parthena Mediterranian Sea Salt and 1 ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 6 cups day-old bread, crust removed, cubed
- 2 red and 2 yellow peppers, roasted and cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, cubed
- ½ cup capers
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- ½ red onion sliced into rings
- 2 cups feta cheese or fresh mozzarella, cubed
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients, except olive oil, and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream until incorporated. The texture will look similar to basil pesto.
- Place bread in a large salad bowl and toss with ½ cup of the vinaigrette. Let sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, capers, anchovies, red onion, and feta cheese and toss gently.
- Drizzle with more vinaigrette until everything is well-coated. Toss and garnish with fresh basil.
(Try substituting basil for fresh oregano – it’s delicious too!)