This Recipe is for the bold and adventurous! A great mix of flavours which is sure to please!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt and 1 ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 6 cups day old bread, crust removed, cubed
- 2 red, yellow peppers, roasted and cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes cubed
- ½ cup capers
- 4 anchovy fillets chopped
- ½ red onion sliced in rings
- 2 cups feta cheese or fresh mozzarella cubed
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients, except olive oil and blend in a food processor or blender till smooth.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream until incorporated. Will look like a basil pesto
- Place bread in a large salad bowl and toss with ½ cup of the vinaigrette. Let sit for 10 minutes t
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, capers, anchovies, red onion, and feta cheese, toss gently
- Drizzle with more vinaigrette until everything is coated well. Toss and garnish with fresh basil.
(Try substituting basil for fresh oregano its delicious too!)