Do you know that fantastic soup they serve at Greek restaurants? Well, this is it! It’s called Avgolemono, and it’s so easy to make and so delicious. Serve a steaming hot bowl with warm pita bread on a cold day.
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (do not use bottled)
- Add broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add chicken to the pot.
- Remove soup from heat and cover.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice into eggs until frothy.
- Ladle out about 1 cup hot broth from the soup pot and slowly whisk it into the eggs, whisking continually.
- Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the pot of soup.
- Serve immediately.
“Welcome to What’s KP Cooking? Here You Can Find Recipes and Cooking Tips for Healthy, Easy to Make Food.” Whats KP Cooking RSS. N.p., 13 Jan. 2014. Web. 31 Jan. 2014.