- 4 large russet baking potatoes (8 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, preferably Greek oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes in a metal roasting pan large enough to fit potatoes in a single layer. Add 1 cup water, olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss potatoes until well coated.
2. Bake, uncovered, until fork-tender and brown on the edges, about 50 minutes. Turn potatoes halfway through for even browning; add water if all the liquid has been absorbed, before they have fully browned. If desired, garnish with oregano; serve.