This is an old-time family favourite! It’s fast and easy and can feed a lot of people. Serve this comforting dish with a Greek Salad and feta cheese and you have a scrumptious meal that everyone will enjoy! Don’t forget the wine! Opa!
- 6 pork chops or steaks
- 4 tbsp Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano
- Seasoning salt, Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt, and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning meat
- 8-10 potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- ¼ to ½ cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice or 2 fresh squeezed lemons
- ¼ tsp Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ to ½ cup water or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take your pork chop or steaks and season with Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and 1 tbsp of Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano.
- Place the meat into a big baking dish; add the wedges of potatoes around and above the pork in the dish.
- Sprinkle remainder of the oregano on to the potatoes, add the oil, lemon juice, and more salt and pepper. (You can sprinkle also some chicken soup base for extra flavour if you wish.)
- Add to your baking dish ¼ to ½ cup water or chicken broth to steam potatoes and so the meat won’t burn. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until pork is tender, turning the meat at the halfway mark. Make sure you have enough moisture in the bottom of the pan; add additional water or broth as needed, as some ovens are hotter and cook faster.
- When the meat and potatoes are tender, take off the aluminum foil and brown the potatoes. They should have a beautiful golden colour. At this time you can add more lemon and Parthena Mediterranian Sea Salt as needed for extra flavour.
- Serve on a large platter with Greek salad and fresh bread, and you have a traditional Greek meal! OPA!