This is an old time family favourite! It’s fast and easy and can feed a lot of people. Just serve with a Greek Salad and Feta and you have a scrumptious meal, that all will enjoy! And wine of course! Opa!
- 6 pork chops or steaks
- 4 tbsp. Greek oregano
- Seasoning salt for seasoning meat.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning meat
- 8-10 potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- ¼ to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil; I like lots of oil with this dish so we can dip bread!
- ¼ cup lemon juice or 2 fresh squeezed lemons
- ¼ tsp salt or coarse sea salt.
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Take your pork chop or steaks, season with salt, pepper and seasoning salt, and some of the oregano, about 1Tbsp
- Place the meat into a big baking dish; add the wedges of potatoes, arranging them around and some on meat.
- Sprinkle remainder of the oregano onto the potatoes, add the oil, and lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can sprinkle also some chicken soup base for extra flavour if you wish.)
- Add to your baking dish ¼ to ½ cup water just to steam potatoes and so meat won’t burn. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Or until your pork meat is tender. I turn meat so both sides get color and soften up better.
- Make sure you have enough moisture in bottom of the pan add water as needed, as some ovens are hotter and cook faster.
- When the meat and potatoes are tender, take off aluminum foil and brown the potatoes. They should have a beautiful golden color. At this time you can add more lemon also for extra flavour, and salt.
- Serve on serving platter all together, or separately! Choice is up to you! Add a Greek salad and fresh bread, and you have a traditional Greek meal! OPA!