Chopped Layered Salad with Chicken, Grapes and Feta Cheese is a lovely light summer lunch. This robust salad is extremely satisfying and makes an excellent early afternoon meal.
- 1 head of romaine or leaf lettuce, chopped
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small long English cucumber or 5 baby cucumbers, diced
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 cup corn, thawed or canned
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red or green seedless grapes (or both)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Sliced boiled egg for garnish
- 2 tbsp mango
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ½ cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parthena Mediterranian Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or blender. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream until incorporated.
- Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, corn, red onion, chicken, grapes, feta cheese, and almonds in a clear glass bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the chopped salad and toss to coat well. Top with a sliced boiled egg (optional) to garnish.