If your looking for a meal which will satisfy both the meat lover and the health conscious you just found a winner. This meal is fantastic with a rich flavour which will please everyone at your table!
- 1 Flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. Greek oregano
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic and onion powder if desired.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
To Marinade the Flank steak
- Rub on all the dry spices. Take the sprig of rosemary and break it up and rub onto meat.
- Add the fresh parsley and olive oil. Let stand for 1-2 hours before cooking.
- Heat the BBQ or skillet to 350 degrees! Place the flank steak onto grill and grill for 2 minutes, cross the meat on grill to create criss cross pattern on both sides. Depending on how you like your meat cooked; 8-10 minutes for rare to medium rare, 2 more minutes for medium and longer for well done. When cooked to your preference take off grill and rest on plate, cover with foil to tent steak.
- Slice in julienned slices against the grain, it will be very tender, serve with roasted veggies. Flank steak can also make terrific summer salads, topped with feta. Try it also served on pasta with marinara sauce. Yummy!
- 2 red peppers, sliced in large wedges
- 2 zucchini sliced in large slices about ½ inch thick.
- 1 Large red onion sliced in rounds about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- 1 egg plant if you like sliced also in ½ inch slices
- Mushrooms also if you wish
- ¼ cup extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- bunch of fresh parsley chopped
*Roasting in Oven
- Slice all your vegetables, mix them in a bowl with olive oil and fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to baking tray, and roast at 400 degrees turning vegetables often until tips are brown and vegetables are tender.
*Roasting vegies on BBQ
- Sprinkle veggies with olive oil and place on grill. Turn them often so they don’t burn, when tender, place in bowl and toss with oil salt and pepper.
- Serve together Flank steak and Vegetables on a platter or separate which ever you choose! Serve with garlic bread or toasted bread with olive oil and oregano.