If you are looking for a meal that will satisfy both the meat lover and the health-conscious, look no further than our Marinated Flank Steak and Roasted Vegetables. This meal is fantastic with a rich flavour that will please everyone at your table!
- 1 Flank steak
- 1 tbsp Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ onion powder
- ¼ cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, stripped off stem
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Rub on all the dry spices, rosemary, fresh parsley, and Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the flank steak and let marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the BBQ or a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Place the flank steak on to the grill, alternating the meat placement on the grill to create a criss-cross pattern on both sides. Depending on how you like your meat cooked, we recommend 8-10 minutes for rare to medium-rare, 2 additional minutes for medium, and longer for well done. When cooked to your preference, take the flank steak off the grill and rest on a plate covered with foil to tent the steak.
- Slice in julienned slices against the grain and serve with roasted veggies. Flank steak can also make a terrific addition to summer salads topped with feta. Also, try it served on pasta with marinara sauce. Yummy!
- 2 red peppers, sliced in large wedges
- 2 zucchini, sliced in large slices about ½ inch thick.
- 1 large red onion, sliced in rounds about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- 1 eggplant, sliced in ½ inch slices
- 300g of mushrooms, sliced in half
- ¼ cup of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Slice all your vegetables, mix them in a bowl with the Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking tray and roast at 400 degrees F, turning vegetables often until tips are brown and vegetables are tender.
Tip: Vegetables can also be done on the BBQ; make sure to turn them frequently.