Olive Oil Cake is a decadent dessert that’s nice and light but and not overly sweet! Using Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil will give your cake a rich and clean taste. Watch your guests enjoy this one!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
For a chocolate cake:
- Add 1 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch cake pan or loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. If making chocolate cake, add the cocoa here as well.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the olive oil and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour into cake pan of your choice and bake for 55-60 minutes (until its golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean).
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature.
- To serve, dust lightly with icing sugar and serve topped with berries and whip cream.
- Use same mixture to make cupcakes.
- Line cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cupcake liner half full. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.
Cupcake Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 2 tbsp milk
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Mix in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Add food colouring if desired and start icing cupcakes.
- Decorate as desired.