Olive Oil Cake is a wonderful dessert for everyone! It tastes fantastic, is nice and light and not overly sweet! Watch your guests enjoy this one!
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 6 Tbsps. milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsps. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsps. baking powder
- 7 oz. melted butter
- Zest of 3 Lemons
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch cake pan or loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixer, and blend slowly.
- Add lemon zest, eggs, milk, and lemon juice at slow to medium speed
- Combine melted butter and olive oil, slowly add to batter, until all blended.
- Pour into cake pan of choice and bake for 55-60 minutes (until its golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean).
- Dust with icing sugar for presentation. Can be topped with berries and whip cream. (Optional)