Olive Oil Cake is a wonderful dessert for everyone! It tastes fantastic, Its nice and light, and not overly sweet! Watch your guests enjoy this one!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds – Optional
Option for Chocolate Olive Oil Cake:
- Remove the milk (Substitute water and cocoa for milk).
- Add 1 Cup water with 1 cup cocoa.
- Mix till water and cocoa is combined and add when it says to add the milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch cake pan or loaf pan, or use parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the olive oil and milk (or water and cocoa option for chocolate option).
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour into cake pan of your choice and bake for 55-60 minutes (until its golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean).
- Dust with icing sugar for presentation. Can be topped with berries and whip cream. (Optional)
- Use same mixture to make cupcakes.
- Line cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cupcake liner half full. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 – 2 tbsp Milk
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Add food coloring and start icing cupcakes.
- Decorate as desired.