We are always looking for fresh new yummy ideas for breakfast that will actually keep the kids full until the next meal is served. Here is a simple and delicious snack that you must try! Enjoy it over some Greek yogurt or with a little warm milk.
Yield: About 5 cups
Cook Time: 30 min
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds OR sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. ground golden flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a 12×15 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut, brown sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Over medium heat, combine the olive oil, honey and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Stir well until warm.
- Gently pour the olive oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir well until combined.
- Spread the mixture out into an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. At the end of 30 minutes, the granola should be slightly browned and very fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes. Small clusters will form as the granola cools.