Crisp and full of flavour, our Oven Roasted Tomato and Serrano Ham Crostini will delight you until the last bite! Entertain guests this winter in front of a roaring fireplace with this decadent starter.
- 12 small to medium firm vine ripe tomatoes, halved
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 12 thick slices of dense french or sourdough bread
- 3 to 4 cloves of peeled garlic
- 6 large slices of Serrano ham, halved
- ½ cup green olives pitted & halved
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley to garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange the tomatoes on a large baking sheet, the halved ones cut side up. Drizzle with 2 tbsps Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season lightly with Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt. Roast until softened, approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven, and then spread the bread out on another large baking sheet, brush gently with 1 tbsp Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and bake until crisp and golden brown, 4 – 5 minutes.
While the bread toasts, in a bowl, combine warm tomatoes, 2-3 finely chopped cloves of garlic, pitted and halved olives, 1 tbsp of Parthena Extra Virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently until flavours combine.
Remove the bread from the oven and slice one clove of garlic in half. Rub each slice of the toasted bread with a garlic half.
Layer each garlic toast with a piece of Serrano Ham and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Tip: Prosciutto can be substituted for Serrano Ham.