We love souvlaki, like seriously love souvlaki. When we cook this, we usually pair it with lemon roasted potatoes, traditional Greek salad, pita, and tzatziki. With all those ingredients on hand, the kids in our house usually make themselves a gyro. If you don’t like pork you can also use chicken.
- 12 oz (340 g) boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Parthena Mediterranian Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cut pork into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes leaving any fat on. In a large bowl, toss together pork, lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper; let stand for 10 minutes to marinate or more.
- Thread pork onto skewers.
- BBQ on low heat for 45 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Once done, squeeze lemon on one more time and sprinkle with salt and oregano.
- Make sure you soak your skewers for at least an hour prior or else the ends will burn up on the BBQ. I use an empty two-litre pop bottle, fill with water, stuff with skewers and screw the lid on.
- If you are making pita, heat up olive oil in a frying pan. When hot, drop your pita in and flip when sides are golden brown. Season with salt and oregano and enjoy!