This savoury and sweet pork recipe features juicy pork tenderloin wrapped in salty prosciutto roasted with sweet apples creating a delicious main dish when accompanied by a side of mashed sweet potatoes. Deglazing the pan with a combination of wine, maple syrup, grainy mustard, and butter creates a delicious pan sauce that brings the entire dish together.
- 1 pork tenderloin, silver skin removed
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 10-15 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 6-10 slices of prosciutto; enough to wrap the tenderloin
- 3 peeled apples; Gala has great flavour
- 1 cup of sweet white wine; a Riesling works well
- ¼ cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- t tbsp of butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Massage your tenderloin with the dijon mustard, chopped sage leaves, and fresh ground pepper.
- Layout the prosciutto so each slice overlaps and wrap it around the tenderloin, ensuring the seam is on the bottom of the tenderloin.
- Peel and slice the apples and place them on the bottom of the roasting pan and add the tenderloin on top of the apples Drizzle with ½ cup wine and Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the apples are tender and the roast is golden in colour and comes to an internal temperature of 145F.
- Remove the pork tenderloin and apples and place the meat on a platter and cover with foil to rest. In a separate bowl, gently mash the apples and place them on the table for serving.
- Place the roasting pan with remaining tenderloin juices on the burner and add remaining 1/2 cup of wine, grainy mustard, maple syrup, and butter and simmer for 2 minutes, whisking frequently and reducing slightly while burning off the alcohol. The flavours will come together as you deglaze the pan. Transfer pan sauce into a serving bowl.
- Slice the pork tenderloin and serve drizzled with the savoury-sweet pan sauce, mashed apples, and mashed sweet potato (recipe below).
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Sweet potatoes or Yams
- 3 white potatoes, such as Russet or Yukon Gold
- Chicken stock
- 4 tbsp Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil the sweet potatoes and the white potatoes together for 12-15 minutes or until fork-tender, and drain off the water.
- Mash potatoes with 4 tbsp Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and slowly add in chicken stock to the mash to achieve the consistency you like. Add Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.