For a hearty meal full of flavour look no further than this fantastic recipe!
- 3 Pork steaks or pork shoulder, cut into small bite size cubes.
- 2 green peppers, or coloured your preference. Julienned sliced
- 1 onion julienned sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp. pepper, ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chicken base or cube for flavour.
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
- 1 cup of Riesling white wine, or your preference.
- ½ cup water
- Heat in skillet, 3 tbsp. olive oil, brown the pork.
- Add the peppers and onions and garlic, stir together until all combined.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish, add remaining ingredients. (Oil, chicken base, wine, salt and pepper, and bay leaf.)To the dish with water give it a stir, and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Meat pieces should become tender and peppers and onion render down with the wine to create a succulent sauce.
- Serve this dish over rice. This dish can be served on platter if you so choose.