This Red Pepper Spread is as beautiful as it is tasty. A great recipe for gatherings, parties or just a great way to kick things up a notch. Great on crackers, sandwiches, use as a dip, or as a fantastic spread over fresh cooked salmon!
- 2-3 large red peppers
- 4 TBS of olive oil(Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil of course)
- 2 1/2 TBS finley chopped parsley
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves mashed garlic ( optional )
- pinch of natural Sea salt ( to taste )
- pinch of black pepper ( for zing! )
- 2 TBS Victorian Epicure “bruschetta herbs” ( Optional but amazing with it! )
If you don’t have the pre-made bruschetta herbs, add a PINCH of each of the following! Skip what you dont have…
- dry pack-sun dried tomatoes
- dehydrated white onions
- dehydrated green onions
- celery seeds
- dried Basil flakes
- dried oregano flakes
- chili peppers flakes or powder (depending on how spicy you like food)
- dried parsley flakes
- garlic powder
- cloves powder
- thyme powder or flakes
- Puree peppers in your food processor or blender. You may need to add water to get it to puree – no problem, add what you need.
- Pour puree’d peppers into a pan, on medium to high heat add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and reduce until desired thickness while constantly stirring. ( i love a thick paste! )
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- This will keep in a sealed container for 5 days.
- Serve at room temperature with freshly sliced French baguette rounds, crudites, Parmesan toasts Crackers or Salmon!