This Red Pepper Spread is as beautiful as it is tasty. A great recipe for gatherings, parties, or just to kick things up a notch. Delicious on crackers, sandwiches, bagels with cream cheese, used as a dip, or as a fantastic spread over fresh-cooked salmon!
- 2-3 large red bell peppers
- 4 tbsp of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves mashed garlic
- Pinch of Parthena Mediterannean Sea Salt to taste
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Puree peppers in your food processor or blender. Add a small amount of water to assist puree as needed.
- Pour pureed peppers into a pan, on medium-high heat and add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, constantly stirring until it is reduced to a thick paste.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Serve at room temperature with freshly sliced French baguette rounds, crudites, parmesan toasts, crackers, or Salmon!