This is an all-around favourite with everyone! This dough cooks great in wood fired oven!
Pizza dough Recipe:
- 1 and ½ cup warm water
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1.5 packages instant yeast
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kilo Robin Hood flour about 6-8 cups, and more if needed
- Add to your mixer all the ingredients, except flour, make sure water is not too hot, as to scald ingredients
- Slowly combine the flour until soft dough forms and won’t stick to the sides of the bowl, make sure the dough gets all the flour worked in and the dough is nice ball not sticky on dough hooks. When finished mixing pour just a bit of oil into bowl to release the pizza dough and hooks.
- Roll the dough on a clean surface, into a big ball. Cut into and shape into smaller ball. Oil the counter and place each ball approximately 2-3 inches apart. Cover each ball with a bit of oil; (so it won’t stick) and saran wrap and let rise for 20 minutes. The ball should double in size.
- Oil your pizza pans or cookie sheets, place each ball and punch outwards, with your finger tip, half way towards edges of pans, let rest and rise again for 10-15 minutes. Then punch the dough till crust forms on edges of pan.
- Now you’re ready for Pizza sauce, you can use ready-made or make your own.
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 4 tbsp oregano
- 5tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4-5 tbsp sugar, each person likes different taste and depends on acid in tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp salt. This again is to each ones pallet increase salt or sugar to taste.
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients together. Let sit so spices and flavours can infuse together with the tomato sauce. You can make it spicier, as needed.
Blue Cheese and Pear Pizza
Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil on bottom of pizza, crumble on Blue Cheese, slice fresh pears, place around pizza. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Slice pizza, sprinkle with chopped pecans. Simply Delicious!!!
Add to ready pizza crust; 4 tbsp pizza sauce. Sprinkle some mozzarella or parmesan cheese, very little is needed to cover sauce. Add chopped or whole basil leaves, cover with sliced tomatoes. Break apart buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini mozzarella balls, bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown. Slice and top with additional basil if desired.
Add to ready pizza crust; 4 tbsp pizza sauce. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese ;( you can use a mix of cheese which ever you like) Top with crumbled feta, fresh or sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers or fresh which ever your preference. Top with sliced artichoke hearts and Greek Kalamata olives. Sprinkle a little cheese to bind toppings to pizza. This is a healthy delicious pizza!!!