This is an all-around favourite with everyone! This dough cooks great in a wood-fired oven!
Pizza dough Recipe:
- 1.5 cups warm water (105-110 degrees)
- 6 tbsps milk
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 tbsp Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 egg
- 3.5 tsp instant yeast (around 1.5 packages)
- ¼ cup Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6-8 cups all-purpose flour
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook attached, dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water. Once the yeast is frothy (approximately 5 minutes), add to your mixer all the other ingredients, except flour, and gently combine.
- Slowly add the flour until soft dough forms and the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and is no longer sticky on the dough hook. You may not use all of the flour in the recipe.
- On a clean floured surface, roll the dough into a large ball, then cut the dough in half and roll into 2 smaller balls. Place each ball into an oiled bowl and drizzle with a bit of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes in a warm room. The ball should double in size.
- Place your ball of dough on an oiled pizza pan or cookie sheet and work the dough outwards towards the edges with your fingertips, stopping halfway. Let rest and rise again for another 10-15 minutes and then work the dough out towards the edge of the pan, creating a crust.
- Add pizza sauce and your choice of toppings and bake each pizza at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Blue Cheese and Pear Pizza
Drizzle Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the bottom of the pizza and add blue cheese crumbles and sliced fresh pears. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Slice pizza, and sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.
To a prepared pizza crust add 4 tbsp of pizza sauce. Sprinkle some grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese (very little is needed to cover the pizza sauce). Add chopped or whole basil leaves, and cover with sliced tomatoes. Break apart buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini mozzarella balls and add on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Slice and top with an additional chiffonade of basil if desired and a light drizzle of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Greek Pizza with Artichoke Hearts
To a prepared pizza crust add 4 tbsp pizza sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with crumbled feta cheese, fresh or sundried tomatoes, and roasted or fresh red peppers. Top with sliced artichoke hearts and kalamata olives and a sprinkle of Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano. Sprinkle a little cheese to bind toppings to the pizza and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Finish with a light drizzle of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil after removing from the oven.