This is the perfect salad; creamy goat cheese (sub feta if you prefer it), roasted beets, tangy mandarins. We love arugula for its peppery bite, but feel free to swap in whatever salad green you like.
- 8 medium-sized beets
- ½ cup Parthena Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- ½c up Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Parthena Mediterranian Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz arugula
- ½ cup candied pecans or walnuts
- 4 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 mandarin orange, segmented (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast beets for 50 minutes to 1 hour until tender, depending on the size. The beets can also be boiled until tender, but roasting has more flavour.
- Unwrap and cool beets. Peel.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, dijon mustard, sea salt, pepper, and set aside.
- While beets are still warm, cut into quarters or slices, whichever is preferred, and place in a mixing bowl. Toss the beets with half of the vinaigrette, and season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place salad greens into a separate bowl and toss with just enough vinaigrette to moisten and transfer to a serving platter. Next, arrange the beets, pecans, and goat cheese on top (add mandarin oranges if you like). Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.