Roasted Beet and Goat cheese Salad has some fantastic flavours for anyone who likes any of these great ingredients!
- 8 medium sized beets
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps. Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 oz. mixed salad greens
- ½ cup candied pecans or walnuts
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled. (Such as Monrachet)
- 1 mandarin orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast beets for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size. Poke with sharp knife will indicate when tender. Unwrap and cool beets to peel. (Can also be boiled until tender, more flavour in roasting)
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- While beets are still warm, cut each in half then quarters or slices whichever is preferred, and place in a mixing bowl. Toss them with half of the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper to your taste
- Place salad greens into a separate bowl and toss with just enough vinaigrette to moisten, serve on a platter, then arrange beets, pecans, and goat cheese on top ( add mandarin oranges if you like ) . Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.