Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette is a hearty dish featuring sweet and tender butternut squash combined with a tangy cider dressing that’s sure to impress!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 oz arugula or spring mixed greens
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves
- 3 tbsp pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped figs
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Parthena Mediterranian Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper for seasoning
- Mandarin segments for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the squash in a baking dish and toss with Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, pure maple syrup, sea salt, and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once until tender. Add cranberries, dates, and figs to the pan in the last five minutes to soften.
- Create the vinaigrette by combining the apple cider, apple cider vinegar, and shallots in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the liquid is reduced to ¼ cup. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl and add the roasted squash mixture, walnuts, and the grated parmesan cheese. Spoon just enough vinaigrette over the salad to just moisten, and toss well.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and serve immediately.