Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with warm Cider Vinaigrette is an hearty dish that is sure to impress your guests!
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¾ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 Tbsps. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. arugula or spring mixed greens
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves
- 3 tbsp. pitted dates chopped
- 3tbsp. figs chopped
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Mandarin segments also for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the squash onto baking dish, toss with olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once until tender. Add cranberries, dates and figs to the pan in the last five minutes to soften.
- Combine the apple cider, vinegar, and shallots to a sauce pan, and ring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes till liquid is reduced to ¼ cup. Remove from heat whisk in the mustard, and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl and add the roasted squash mixture, walnuts and the grated parmesan cheese. Spoon just enough vinaigrette over the salad to just moisten, and toss well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.