Spinach and Summer Berry Salad is a great choice for berry lovers or those with a sweet tooth!
- 4-6 oz. fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- ½ of a red onion sliced in thin rings
- Summer berries such as, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and orange or mandarin pieces
- ½ cup chopped raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. raspberry or champagne vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender, add slowly the oil until smooth.
Creamy Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ cup raspberry vinaigrette
- Combine all extra ingredients to raspberry vinaigrette and whisk together. This is a sweeter dressing.
- Candied Pecans: Moisten pecans in an egg white bath, roll in cinnamon sugar, and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Bake for 20 minutes till crunchy. Or roll in maple syrup and sprinkle with cayenne and bake
- Combine all chopped spinach, onion and berries into large salad bowl. Coat with the vinaigrette just till moistened. Serve and drizzle more vinaigrette if desired top with candied pecans.