Stuffed Manicotti With cheese and spinach is a family favourite and can be made in big quantities, for large parties
- 12 Manicotti shells
- Baby spinach 1 bag or 3 bunches washed and par boiled.
- 500 grams Ricotta Cheese
- 300 Grams Greek Feta, crumbled
- 300 grams of grated Provolone, or Parmesan Regiano cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- ½ cup fresh Basil, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil to pop the flavours
- Pre boil the manicotti shells, till half cooked, put boiled shells in cold water to stop the cooking process. They can be handled and stuffed without being hot.
- Combine the Ricotta Cheese and feta, and other cheeses together in a bowl,
- Add the chopped Spinach and Basil, combine eggs and bread crumbs; this should be the consistency of paste
- Add the salt and pepper to taste, careful as feta can be salty enough, and you just might only add pepper.
- Place some tomato sauce in the bottom of your baking dish so manicotti will lay and not stick to bottom the baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with the filling and place side by side until baking dish is full; one row to fill the dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over the stuffed manicotti and top with mixture of provolone and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, at 350 degrees.
- Serve with Garlic Toast, and Home-made Caesar Salad, This is a great gathering feast, and Delicious!
Caesar Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 fillets anchovies or 1 tbsp. anchovy paste (optional)
- ½ tsp. tobacco sauce, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, ¼ tsp. pepper, salt to taste.
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed; add more if you like
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into food processor, or blender, slowly add the oil to form your creamy consistency, and blend ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste!
- Wash and rip your Romaine Lettuce into bite size pieces, add Caesar salad dressing and toss together,
- Top with Parmesan Regiano cheese, and croutons (optional)
Cut your bread into small chunks, toast in oven till golden brown, upon removing top with olive oil and parmesan cheese.