An old time favourite, this makes a terrific appetizer, great with antipasto and wines.
- 3-4 sweet peppers can be red or green
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup Kefaloteri Graviera or Gouda
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 3 TBSP Parmesan Regianno
- 3 Tbsp. bread crumbs, if you wish
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt if needed, cheeses are salty so I don’t add.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off tops and cleaning out the seeds and veins. Save tops to place on when pepper is stuffed.
- Mix together all the cheeses, making sure there are not big chunks.
- Add the eggs, pepper, and fresh parsley. Mix together well. Add bread crumbs if you wish to bind all mixture together.
- Stuff each pepper and put into baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Peppers will be only partially soft. Overcooking will result in mushy skins, and cheese will fall out.
- Make sure the skins don’t burn, cover with foil if needed.
- Place peppers on serving dish, or platter. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and olive oil.
- Slice peppers in slices all the way to bottom, garnish with parsley! Enjoy!