Canned Chickpeas are a real time-saver. This is a great chunky hummus that you can serve with homemade pita chips.
- 2 (15.5 ounces) cans chickpeas, preferably Goya
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Parthena Extra Olive Oil, plus extra for serving
- 2 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, diced (can also use sun-dried tomatoes to give more of a Mediterranean feel)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Pour the chickpeas into a colander and rinse them under cold running water, draining well. Place the rinsed chickpeas into a food processor.
Add the chicken stock and pulse until the chickpeas are coarsely chopped but not pureed.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, except the olive oil. Start pureeing mixture while pouring the olive oil into the top of the food processor.
Remove hummus from the food processor and add to a bowl. add a drizzle of olive oil on top of the hummus, and enjoy.
Homemade Baked Pita Chips
- 1 bag pita bread (pita pockets)
- 2 tablespoons Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano
Preheat oven to 375F.
Cut pitas into small wedges (see photo) and drizzle the Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil all over the wedges, making sure they are well coated. Season with Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt and Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano and put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 2-5 minutes per side, depending on your oven. Once golden, flip to the other side.
Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, enjoy with your Mediterranean Hummus.