Canned Chickpeas are a real time-saver. This is a great chunky hummus that you can serve with homemade pita chips.
- 2 (15-5 ounce) cans chickpeas, preferably Goya
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, plus extra for serving
- 2 ripe medium-size tomatoes, diced (can also use sun-dried tomatoes to give more of a Mediterranean vibe)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Pour the chickpeas into a colander and rinse them under cold running water, drain well. Place the rinsed chickpeas into a food processor.
Add the chicken stock and pulse until the chickpeas are coarsely chopped but not pureed.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, except the olive oil. Start pureeing mixture while pouring the olive oil into the top of the food processor.
Remove hummus from food processor and add to a bowl. add a drizzle of olive oil on top of the hummus, and enjoy.
Homemade Baked Pita Chips
- 1 bag Pita bread (pitta pockets)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoonOregano
Cut pita’s into small wedges (see photo) drizzle the olive oil all over the wedges, make sure they are well coated. Season with sea salt and oregano and put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 375 for 2-5 minutes per side, depending on your oven. Once golden flip to the other side.
Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled enjoy with your Tuscan Hummus.