Transform your dinner table into a charming Greek bakery with this mouthwatering Olive Focaccia recipe! With a golden and chewy texture, this warm and aromatic bread is the perfect start to any meal or ideal for dipping in your favorite sauces.
Get creative and customize your focaccia by substituting the olives for your favorite ingredients, or simply keep it plain and simple.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 teaspoons Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (around 105-110 degrees F)
- 5 tablespoons Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cups pitted olives (can substitute for other ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano (optional)
- Start by combining warm water, oil, and yeast in a large bowl until yeast is fully dissolved. Then, add flour and salt and mix until the mixture forms a loose dough. Cover the bowl and let it rest in a warm, undisturbed place for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the dough has puffed up.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and shape it into a ball on a lightly floured surface. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and brush it with 1 tablespoon of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If you don't have parchment paper, grease the baking pan with 1 tablespoon of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil and lightly dust it with flour. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and gently press or roll it into a 14x12 inch rectangle. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Generously coat the dough with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parthena Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then, gently press pitted olives into the top of the dough and sprinkle it with Parthena Mediterranean Sea Salt and Parthena Greek Mountain Oregano.
- Bake the dough until it is golden brown, which should take 30 to 35 minutes. Let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!